All content copyright Katrina Hall 2008 through 2025

Monday, July 6, 2015

jamie's red pepper pasta sauce with lemon, parsley, and ham and Saturday sightseeing

I love exploring this new place!  Saturday we visited the St. Paul Farmers Market, just over the Mississippi River, which was packed with shoppers and visitors, like me.  Lots of herb and flower plants, which made me feel a little wistful, as we have no garden space here - yet.    Flowers were everywhere, making for a very colorful market, and we picked up some gorgeous Italian parsley and fresh basil for our dinner recipe (and two small baskets of red and yellow shallots, for $3!)

On the way home we happened to pass this stunningly gorgeous French villa, and I made my daughter stop so I could take pictures.  Putting down my camera for a minute, I saw a poem inscribed in the sidewalk beside the house, such a surprise and a joy.  

And that night we made Jamie's wonderful red pepper pasta with Parma ham and lemon, tossing in a handful of bright, fresh broccoli we had picked up at the market.  I opted for a chunkier sauce than Jamie's - I'm sure it's just as delicious either way.  Amazingly, all three children (2,4 and 9) loved it!

Happy rainy Monday to you all....







4 comments:

La Table De Nana said...


What a beautiful post Katrina.. the market..the purchases..the pasta dish/recipe..and then..well the words♥
I had to Pin:)

Thank you.

katrina said...

So happy you enjoyed it, Nana! Thank you xxxxooo

Barb said...

What a beautiful, delightful post - it would seem that you are discovering lots of wonderful things in your new surroundings. Thank you for sharing them with us!!

That pasta dish looks so yummy - it's no wonder the children enjoyed it too. Mom think I may have to give it a try.

katrina said...

Hey, Barb! Loving the small town atmosphere of South Minneapolis, but close to all these wonderful places. LOVE the architecture, especially, as you might have noticed. Shopping for that red pepper pasta recipe once again, which disappeared quickly with 3 adults and 3 children....