All content copyright Katrina Hall 2008 through 2025

Monday, March 24, 2014

roasted chicken thighs with lemon and thyme and wishing for Spring








As I sit and wait for winter to end (hmmm, good luck with that!), I've found myself browsing blogs and Pinterest, which is where I found this delicious pan roasted chicken from Damn Delicious.  I made it last night and it couldn't be easier, though next time I would use half the chicken stock (which is intensely lemony) and twice the thyme.  I also transferred the seared chicken to a sunny yellow casserole dish, just because it was so pretty, but you can make it as she did - in an oven proof skillet.   Ohhh, this was SO good!  And you can find the recipe here.

The sugar snap peas I planted on March 11th are growing by leaps and bounds against the kitchen window  - just seeing something growing makes my gardener's heart happy.


The snow outside is still there - 3 feet of icy, rock-hard drifts that make hiking or walking impossible.  What a winter!  But it IS March, and that snow is going to have to melt sometime, right?  Wishing you all happy springtime thoughts!


4 comments:

La Table De Nana said...


I think I am so patient with winter and I do love it..but it seems that after March 20th..I feel there should be a huge step forward..a huge Spring forwad.
I have as much snow as you..and not thrilled with it anymore..
I feel like I always have the same sweater on:)
I do love watching things grow as you do..and your peas are so precious!
It will be nice to be filthy again.
That chicken dish looks so ggod..
It's fun being inspired enough to try a new dish..
Have a good week Katrina..
Looking forward to gardening..just like you..
Monique

katrina said...

Nana - I love snow , but by that I mean the fluffy kind, not this cement we have:) I love your comment about being gardening-all-day dirty. Oh, it's been sooo long since I've dug in the earth! Hope you also have a great week - and I hope warmer temperatures.

diary of a tomato said...

What jolly looking sugar snap sprouts! Funny thing about Pinterest — have been all of a sudden getting traffic on an old post on shelling peas, and realized that somewhere out there those must be already up...

katrina said...

Dear Diary - Oh, to dream.....a place where the English peas are ready to pick...*sigh*. We are at this moment having sleet, and ice pellets, and the trees are (prettily) coated with a thin sheeting of ice.