All content copyright Katrina Hall 2008 through 2025

Saturday, October 8, 2011

a walk in the woods and a dud




Happy Saturday! My server is being difficult, so I'll make this short. I had hoped to have a glorious recipe for ginger scones, but they were dense and too heavy for me, even though I'd made my own homemade crystallized ginger chunks (yes!) and my mouth was watering at the thought of those scones. So be it, there are duds, sometimes, in this universe, and you learn to just look at the dud and carry on.
So I went for a walk instead. The day was beautiful and a very unlike-October warm. I visited these enormous cliffs of granite, which must be two or three stories tall, and a glorious place to walk. Our dog Lulu used to whizz off to snuffle around these boulders, once, coming back with a nose full of porcupine quills. Of course, she never learned to avoid those porcupine dens; the thrill of the hunt was just too much for her. And the vet bills? Astonishing.
Hope your weekend is beautiful, and sorry I couldn't fit in some more lovely woodland pictures - the uploading is now taking more than a half hour per photo . Enjoy your weekend!

No comments: