All content copyright Katrina Hall 2008 through 2025

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wordless Wednesday: olives marinated in olive oil, rosemary, and green cardomom pods





I've gotten hooked on these herby olives lately. Nothing could be simpler: drain a jar of brined olives, spoon into a jar along with fresh rosemary and a few green cardomom pods, and top with olive oil. For hors d'oeuvres, just scoop out, drain a little, and serve on a platter with cornichons, or good cheese.
* * *
What I'm reading: Julia's Kitchen Wisdom - an excellent little paperback with recipes, techniques, and explanation of cooking terms.
**
Featured on TasteSpotting!

4 comments:

pam said...

I did a similar recipe from Tyler Florence with some orange in it. Really yummy.

katrina said...

Pam - I just love Tyler - I'll have to look this up and try it!

Barb said...

Wow! 50 degrees? I think we only reached about 41 today, but I'm not complaining - it is so wonderful to see the sun and melt some of this stuff.

These olives sound delicious - love olives, so I'm going to give this a try. Again, you make your pictures so inviting - lovely!

katrina said...

Barb - it's perfect sugaring days - cold at night and above freezing during the day. Makes me really happy for the maple syrup producers, especially because last year was a bust with the ice storm, which messed up everyone's lines and buckets. Glad you enjoyed those beautiful olives - thanks!